1) Westfield Schools
One of the primary reasons why people move to Westfield is the excellent school system. Westfield was ranked # 15 by Niche.com recently published it’s best of the best list of NJ School Districts for 2019.
Check out the entire report here: https://patch.com/new-jersey/westfield/website-ranks-westfield-one-njs-best-school-districts
2) Westfield Commutability
The Raritan Valley Line runs through Westfield’s center.
During rush hour, there is one Express Train in each direction. There are direct off-peak rides (8 in each direction).
Westfield’s Easy Commute to Other Job Markets
With Westfield’s strategic central location, you can commute by car to all of NJ’s job centers.
Westfield offers easy access to the Garden State Parkway, Route 22, Route 24 & Route 78, and the NJ Turnpike. Change jobs, no problem! You don’t have to relocate, because Westfield will still be an easy drive to your new company!
3) Westfield’s Restaurant Scene
Here are 5 of my personal favorites:
- Sweet Waters is Westfield’s upscale Steak House
- Northside Kitchen is a neighborhood place known for it’s Tex Mex food. Easy to park and the food is fantastic. This place is a hidden gem!
- Limani’s is a Seafood Restaurant with a Greek twist.
- No list of Westfield’s restaurants would be complete without Ferraro’s. Ferraro’s, a family run business since 1969, is a Westfield institution. Many families have a designated day & time that they go to Ferraro’s every week. It’s that kind of place. During the warmer months, I love to sit outside and watch the hustle & bustle that is Westfield Downtown.
4) Westfield’s Farmer’s Market
Opens annually on the first Saturday in June and ends on the last Saturday in October.
Where: Northside Train Station.
When: Saturdays from 8:30 am til 1:30 pm.
5) Westfield’s Downtown
Tuesday is Jazz Night during the Summer in Westfield’s vibrant town center.
6)Westfield is close to quality entertainment
Union County Performing Arts Center in Rahway: Small historic theater. Not a bad seat in the house
Papermill Playhouse in Millburn: Wonderful theater with lots of talented actors sparing you the hassle of going into NYC.
New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark: a magnificent concert hall with excellent acoustics
PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel
State Theatre, New Brunswick: known for its impressive sound system.
7) Local Parks
- Mindowaskin Park
- Tamaques Park
- Echo Lake
- Watchung Reservation
- Nomahegan Park
For more detailed information regarding the parks, check out this article.
Thinking of selling your home? I have a real passion for buying and selling Real Estate, as well as marketing & smart home technology. I’d love to share my expertise!
I enjoy helping people like you buy and sell real estate in the following NJ neighborhoods: Westfield Cranford, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, Clark & Plainfield.